Be Aware & Prepare for the Employee Free Choice Act
On Tuesday, August 18, Bob Kustka will speak on a panel to discuss the "Card Check Act" or the "Employee Free Choice Act" (EFCA), which is widely regarded as the most significant change in federal labor law since the National Labor Relations Act in 1935. The event will take place at SBANE in Waltham, MA.
The EFCA legislation would substantially change the process required for employees to unionize, including: altering the current card check rules and eliminating secret ballot elections; mandating binding arbitration that will impose a two-year collective bargaining agreement; and implementing new and tougher penalties (that apply to employers only) for certain unfair labor practices, with fines up to $20,000 per violation. The impact of EFCA to union-free employers may be devastating.
This 90-minute program will educate managers on how EFCA might affect your business, and steps you can take to prepare. Please join Bob and other distinguished panelists to learn more about EFCA, possible modifications to the legislation, and strategies to remain union free.
For more information and registration instructions, please click here.
Whether you own a large company or are just starting your own business, bring in Bob Kustka to show you how to make the people side of your business one of your greatest assets! His speaking topics - ranging from hiring/firing practices, to employee productivity, to helping employees work together - can be molded to fit your company's specific needs. Whatever your HR dilemma or need, Bob can help. Stop wasting money. Bring in Bob today!
The Hidden Cost of Hiring:
Are You Getting What You Pay For From Everyone You Hire?
Why do you hire great people who always seem to fizzle out after the honeymoon is over? Why can't you get what you pay for with everyone, not just the one or two superstars in the company? With employee turnover costing one and half times the salary for every person you must replace, how much are your hiring mistakes hurting your bottom-line every year? With the help of Bob Kustka you can finally do something about it!
Hiring is one of the most critical decisions you can make for your company - whether you're a manager or an owner - but very few organizations have a hiring plan in place that fuses their people assets with their business strategy. In this presentation, you'll learn how to create this fusion using Bob Kustka's Fusion Staffing & Recruiting approach. Bob will show you how to:
- Create a custom staffing strategy for you business.
- Find and hire qualified applicants in half the time.
- Develop profiles that eliminate the guesswork.
- Read between the lines to really understand what a resume says.
- Decrease your rate of bad hires through behavioral interviewing.
- Get new hires operating at peak productivity right away.
The Hidden Costs of Not Firing
Do you hold onto poor performers longer than you should? Do you spend hours coaching them on stuff they should already know? Are you guilty of taking work off their plates and giving it to others? Do you wrack your brain looking for projects they can handle? Do you find yourself falling into the nice guy/girl trap - as in, "Gee, Mike and Debbie are real nice people, I can't possibly fire them!" Do you put off firing just to avoid the awkward conversation, the pain, and the feeling that somehow you're to blame?
The more you delay, the more you will pay!
Letting poor performers go is the hardest part of your job, but with the money you spend on salary and benefits, and the damage they're doing to your company morale, productivity, and profitability, how can you afford to wait? Bob understands your dilemma. He has advised managers and handled discussions with thousands of "nice people" who just weren't good fits for the company. In this presentation, he will show why and when to end an employee relationship and how to defuse the awkward situation so it's less painful for everyone (especially you!). Through Bob's presentation, you will learn how to:
- Have a clearer sense of when to let an employee go.
- Determine which employee relationships can be salvaged.
- Improve the quality of your hires and reduce turnover costs.
- Communicate clear expectations for every position.
- Take the emotion out of evaluating employee performance.
- Give better performance feedback to your poor performers.
- Protect yourself from expensive termination lawsuits.
- Avoid the 7 common pitfalls of the firing conversation.
- Prevent employee terminations from hurting company morale.
Fusing the Generational Gap
How can you get a 22-year-old and a 55-year-old to overcome their differences and work productively together? How can you make your company attractive to all ages so you can keep and retain the most talented people? In this presentation, you'll learn how to fuse this generation gap in your office using Bob Kustka's The Fusion Factor Team Enhancement System. This unique approach to team-building will reveal the communication and management secrets essential for creating an environment that works for every generation - from the Boomers to the still-in-high-school Generation G (Google) - so employees stay engaged, work productively, and collaborate successfully to support your strategic goals.
You will learn how to:
- Recognize the major natural frictions that can erupt between the generations.
- Manage your Young Blood - communicate and deal with Generation Xers, Millenials, and the upcoming Google Generation in the workplace.
- Make Alphabet Soup - build teams where generations work productively and creatively together.
- Leverage your Old Blood - keep Baby Boomers and Silent Generation engaged and committed to your company's growth.
- Understand the technological gaps that define the generations and their relationships with clients.
- Make Your Company generational friendly - apply generational factors to increase your recruiting and hiring success rate.
- Create a company culture that can better retain and develop young talent.
The art of managing and communicating in the iPod, IM Age.
A 2004 UK study commissioned by Hewlett-Packard found that participants using email experienced a 10-point decline in their IQ over the course of a 24-hour period. This is equivalent to being sleep deprived for 24 hours. In this presentation, you will learn how new technology like email and IM is affecting productivity, team collaboration, and client relationships. You'll also learn how you, as a manager, can fuse these technological forces with your current business and management strategy to create better organizational results.
Bob will show you how to:
- Train employees and managers in communication etiquette - when to choose and how to choose an appropriate media for communication to maximize effective communication.
- Fuse the gap between multi-generational perspectives of using technology by creating awareness of the types of choices both sides prefer.
- Understand the nuances of electronic communication - reading between the lines to avoid miscommunication.
- Recognize when technology is becoming a distraction and how technology is blurring the lines between home and work.
- Protect your organization from the new legal risks created by emails, IM, and text message abuse at work.
- Deal with the Data Tsunami - managing the 125 emails we get everyday so we can stay sane and stay productive.
Right Here Right Now!™
Just-in-Time Information Management that Provides Instant Access to What you Need!
On average, employees waste an incredible amount of time at work. As a result, they're forced to work later, work weekends, work at home, and even work on vacations. Come on, you know that both you and your employees are guilty of this. And even when you are trying to be productive, do you find that you are overwhelmed with too much to do and not enough time to do it? Do you start drowning in too many emails, overflowing paperwork, non-stop voicemails, one meeting after another, and too many other interruptions to maintain a train of thought? Do you wonder how you can focus on the most important priorities and are you looking for a better way to handle it all?
Bring in Bob to find out how to get organized at work, get more of the right things done, and carve out time to do more of what you really want to do.
The Right Here Right Now! program will allow you to gain better control of your work and show you how to:
- Understand why you don't get your work done and learn the basic steps you can take to add value to the work you actually do.
- End time-killing procrastination forever by using the Right Here, Right Now approach to managing your daily workflow!
- Add 5 hours of free time to every day by identifying and eliminating your 5 biggest time wasters!
- Organize your office so nothing is ever misplaced, lost, or forgotten - beginning with those papers on your floor!
- Eliminate information overload by effectively managing emails, memos, deadlines, schedules, and paperwork!